Empowering learners to think critically, act compassionately and thrive globally.
Panyadee offers an environment that allows our students to develop and mature into respectful, caring, global citizens whilst achieving their full academic potential. Working with families and the community on the island, we strive to provide the best opportunities for the children of Samui, providing a quality, international education and value for all.
Expected School wide Learning Results (ESLRs)
At Panyadee we define our educational program by our Expected School wide Learning Results (ESLRs). This set of expectations articulates what each student should know, understand and be able to do upon leaving Panyadee.
Working from our ESLRs, our educational program will equip all students with the knowledge, competencies, and orientations needed for success in a thinking, meaning-centered curriculum.
ESLRs guide teachers towards implementing programs and conditions that maximize learning success for all students in a standards-based curriculum.
Developed through a collaborative process involving students, families, teachers and administrators, Panyadee, the British School of Samui states that every student is prepared to be:
A global citizen, who:
- Values and respects diversity
- Makes a positive difference to the lives of others
- Assumes responsibility for the planet and those who inhabit it
- Is action-oriented
An effective communicator, who:
- Listens actively for understanding
- Organizes ideas with clarity and precision
- Uses appropriate media to convey a message
- Is articulate
An empowered thinker, who:
- Accesses and critically evaluates information
- Demonstrates flexibility, creativity, and innovation
- Applies learning to real life situations in a variety of contexts
- Is reflective
A well-rounded individual, who:
- Leads an active, balanced and healthy lifestyle
- Embraces new opportunities and challenges
- Works well independently and collaboratively
- Is engaged
Expected School wide Learning Results (ESLRs) Student Awards
The Expected School wide Learning Results (ESLRs) Awards are presented to outstanding individuals who embrace the qualities of a global citizen, an effective communicator, an empowered thinker and a well-rounded individual. The awards are unanimously nominated by the faculty. One winner is selected from each Key Stage for each of the ESLRs at the end of every academic year.