Our vision is to provide a happy, caring and stimulating environment where children will recognise and achieve their fullest potential, so that they can make their best contribution to society.
At PanyaDee we are committed to:
- facilitating all aspects of education and promoting academic excellence throughout the school.
- emphasising the development of moral purpose in coherence with our school identity, helping students become responsible young citizens who make valuable contributions to society.
- providing the highest quality education for all students, raising aspirations and attainment and building on individual needs, talents and abilities.
- cooperating with both public and private organisations, developing resources for local government to improve educational standards.
- encouraging an ethos of support, challenge and encouragement to succeed by creating long-lasting partnerships between school, home and the community.
- promoting teacher development strategies based within the profession and supported by government to ensure classroom and educational standards.
Expected Schoolwide Learning Results (ESLRs)
At Panyadee we define our educational program by our Expected Schoolwide Learning Results (ESLRs). This set of expectations articulates what each student should know, understand and be able to do upon leaving Panyadee.
Working from our ESLRs, our educational program will equip all students with the knowledge, competencies, and orientations needed for success in a thinking, meaning-centered curriculum.
ESLRs guide teachers towards implementing programs and conditions that maximize learning success for all students in a standards-based curriculum.
Developed through a collaborative process involving students, families, teachers and administrators, Panyadee, the British School of Samui states that every student is prepared to be:
A global citizen, who:
- Values and respects diversity
- Makes a positive difference to the lives of others
- Assumes responsibility for the planet and those who inhabit it
- Is action-oriented
An effective communicator, who:
- Listens actively for understanding
- Organizes ideas with clarity and precision
- Uses appropriate media to convey a message
- Is articulate
An empowered thinker, who:
- Accesses and critically evaluates information
- Demonstrates flexibility, creativity, and innovation
- Applies learning to real life situations in a variety of contexts
- Is reflective
A well-rounded individual, who:
- Leads an active, balanced and healthy lifestyle
- Embraces new opportunities and challenges
- Works well independently and collaboratively
- Is engaged
Expected Schoolwide Learning Results (ESLRs) Student Awards
The Expected Schoolwide Learning Results (ESLRs) Awards are presented to outstanding individuals who embrace the qualities of a global citizen, an effective communicator, an empowered thinker and a well-rounded individual. The awards are unanimously nominated by the faculty. One winner is selected from each Key Stage for each of the ESLRs at the end of every academic year.